Difference between revisions of "General"
From The Foundry MODO SDK wiki
(Created page with "THis article provides links to some general pages to get you restarted with the SDK and scripting, and provides a directory of features that don't really fit anywhere else. =...")
Revision as of 18:13, 27 May 2012
THis article provides links to some general pages to get you restarted with the SDK and scripting, and provides a directory of features that don't really fit anywhere else.
- Plug-ins vs. Scripts, and why you'd want to use one or the other
- Config Files, and how they are used by plug-ins and scripts for the user interface and other features.
- Kits, which provide a convenient way to wrap up a plug-in, script, set of configs, and so on for distribution.
- Command System, explaining how modo's command system functions. Commands are the main way of interacting with modo, both by the user and through scripts.
- User Interface, covering how to create user interfaces though commands.
Advanced Control =
- Headless, detailing how to run and control modo without a user interface.
- Telnet, covering how to use modo's built-in telnet server to send commands from another application over TCP or named pipes.
- DDE, which provides information on how to use Dynamic Data Exchange to send commands to modo on Windows.
- Preview Socket, detailing how to use TCP or named pipes to obtain rendered frames from modo's interactive Preview renderer.
- Network Rendering, explaining both how to use modo's built-in network rendering and how to set up your own batch rendering as well as how to extend a render controller to support modo.