- 1 Network Service
- 1.1 (1) SDK: LXu_NETWORKSERVICE, etc. defines
- 1.2 (2) SDK: LXtIP4 typedef (types)
- 1.3 (3) SDK: NetworkService::ScriptQuery
- 1.4 One-Off Host List Instances
Network service provides access to the networking features of nexus. Currently on very limited functionality is exposed, but more may be added in the future.
(1) SDK: LXu_NETWORKSERVICE, etc. defines
IPv4 addresses are defined as 32 bit unsigned integers, with each byte representing a component of the address.
(2) SDK: LXtIP4 typedef (types)
typedef unsigned int LXtIP4;
As with all globals, the first method gets the ILxScriptQueryID interface for the system. However, it is not implemented for ILxNetworkService.
(3) SDK: NetworkService::ScriptQuery
One-Off Host List Instances
nexus supports two ways to find nodes for network rendering: Bonjour, which finds node automatically, and host lists, which uses a static list of IPs or host names.
It is also possible to attempt a one-off connect to another host. As with all hosts, if the connection is successful it will remain connected until either the machine quits. Since the connection is async, there is no feedback as to the success or failure if this.
There is a single method to make the connection, OneOffHostListAdd(). This looks up the host by hostname, or if that is NULL, by IP. The port is the used to connect to the remote host. Normally this LXiNETWORK_NETRENDER_PORT, the default port, since that's the one tha other instances of modo will be listening on, but there are cases where an alternate port is useful. For example, when for rendering on virtual machines where multiple isntances of the VM are running on hte same machine, each will expose a different port to the host machine that is mapped to the standard port inside the VM.
(4) SDK: LXiNETWORK_NETRENDER_PORT define (types)
#define LXiNETWORK_NETRENDER_PORT 59267
(5) SDK: NetworkService::OneOffHostListAdd
It is also possible to remove a one-off connection. This is really just a clean-up phase; it doesn't disconnect from the host. It's usually useful to remove it when you want to try to reconnect to it as calling OneOffHostListAdd() on an already connected host will have no effet.
(6) SDK: NetworkService::OneOffHostListRemove
Empty Network Service user classes.
(7) SDK: empty NetworkService User Class
(8) PY: empty Service.Network user class